Welcome to 2 x 2,5 day course led by Nora Bateson and accredited by the International Bateson Institute.
First module 31.8-2.9.2020 + 2 x 1,5h online
Second module 27.10-28.10.2020
Modules are in Helsinki or online, depending on corona situation.
Warm Data are contextual and relational information about complex systems.In other words, warm data involve transcontextual information about the interrelationships that integrate a complex system, as well as interwoven complex systems.
Warm Data Labs are group processes, which illustrate interdependency and generate understandings of systemic patterns for people with no previous exposure to systems theory. Warm Data Labs enable new societal responses to complex challenges.
Warm Data Lab hosting is a critical qualification for leaders, business professionals, educators, healers, social and environmental activists and anyone who longs to live in a more harmonious and joyful world. As a Warm Data Lab host you will see and feel differently. You will understand more deeply and model better behaviour. You will have a skill set to lead others in ways that are radically different from traditional ways of intervening to effect change.
Because of our conditioning, we are too often unwittingly part of the problem, despite our best intentions. Diving deeply into the Warm Data Lab experience, we are more likely to become part of the solution.
The training is a rich blend of theory and practice, both of which are essential to a deep grounding and upskilling to run Warm Data Labs.
During the course, you’ll learn about:
- The structure, timing and form of the Warm Data Lab process, including troubleshooting, guidelines of what not to do, etc.
- Setting up, hosting and facilitating the group through the process.
- How to set up the questions and contexts.
- How to support the group during the Lab
- The post session process, including how to facilitate the discussion of practical application and provide follow-up support.
- The theory behind Warm Data, including but not limited to patterns that connect, Bertrand Russel’s Logical Levels, difference that makes a difference, mutual learning and calibration (Symmathesy), iterative multi-modal learning, autopoeisis (Varella and Maturana), Mind (G. Bateson), systems and complexity theory, ecology of communication, double bind, conscious purpose, epistemological frames, change in complex systems, interdependency, transcontextual processes, improvisation/sense-making, and more.
As a certified Warm Data Lab host, you can:
- Facilitate Warm Data Labs on any topic, anywhere in the world
- Join an international community of Warm Data Lab hosts
- Gain access to an online Warm Data Lab platform to share insights
- Meet online monthly with other Warm Data Lab hosts from around the world
- Participate in occasional online refresher courses on the theory
When you complete the requirements of this training, you will receive a certificate issued by the International Bateson Institute—a social-benefit thinking group—based in Sweden.
Early bird: 1500€ (before 14.4.2020) / Regular: 1700€ +alv
Nora Bateson is an award-winning filmmaker, writer and educator, Founder and President of the International Bateson Institute, and has run over one hundred Warm Data Labs around the world. Building on the legacy of her renowned father, Gregory Bateson, her work integrates the sciences, the arts and professional knowledge. Nora’s purpose is neither to promote an ideology nor to offer a solution to personal and world problems. Instead, she helps us look at our world anew, so that we discover fresh patterns of connection and information, previously invisible to us. She calls this information ‘warm data’.